What’s the one recipe that everyone asks you for whenever you make it? For me, it’s my Spicy Ranch Pretzels. These are perfect for game day, a picnic or a good old snack, and can be made gluten free or fully gluten. They come together quick and easy and are sure to be a crowd pleaser.
Why I love it
One of my favorite old school Food Network tv shows is Semi-Homemade with Sandra Lee where she combined her love of cooking with premade or store bought ingredients to make entertaining quick and easy. That’s what I think of when I make these Spicy Ranch Pretzels….perfect for entertaining, yet super quick and easy to make. And the best part is, I almost always keep these ingredients on hand.
The key to this tasty and super easy spicy pretzel snack is definitely the seasoning. These always come out best when I use my Homemade Ranch Seasoning, so be sure to pop over and grab that quick and easy, healthy, tasty recipe and whip up a batch of that before getting started. It’s gluten free, dairy free, Whole 30 compliant…and the best I’ve ever tasted!
Ingredients to make Spicy Ranch Pretzels
- 8 oz bag of pretzel sticks – Feel free to use your favorite pretzels in this recipe. I like the Snyder’s of Hanover Gluten Free pretzel sticks version. In my humble opinion, I think pretzels are one of the few things that are better than the original. They’re crispier & lighter and especially when baked, their texture holds up well. But again, use your favorite. These would also be great made with the mini twists. Whichever you choose, pour the pretzels in a large bowl and let’s get started!
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (or other light tasting vegetable oil)
- 1 teaspoon – 1 tablespoon hot sauce – I love Franks! I’ll refrain from tell you that you can put that stuff on everything, but I think we all know how good it is. I also like it because it adds a little heat without altering the flavor of the pretzels too much. Use however much you’d like to of this. Obviously, the more you use, the spicier your pretzels.
- 2 tablespoons Ranch Seasoning Mix – Do yourself a big favor and mix up a batch of this to keep on hand. I promise you’ll find so many great uses for this seasoning mixture – burgers, popcorn, chicken salad – the possibilities are endless!
- 2 tablespoons fresh grated parmesan – Really, any hard cheese that you can finely grate will work! But I don’t recommend using the stuff in the shaker jar, it’s just not the same.
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning. You could also add cayenne pepper powder here too if you want it a little extra spicy!
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt – If your pretzels are super salty to begin with, you may not need this, so grab a taste test before adding more salt.
Storing Ranch Seasoned pretzels
Another reason I’m a big fan of these Spicy Ranch Pretzels is because they keep really well. After letting them cool completely, seal them up in a zip top bag or air tight container and these bad boys will stay fresh for up to 2 weeks. Because of that, these are great for make-ahead snacks or appetizers!
Do I have to use gluten free pretzels?
- Nope! I’ve tried these with mini pretzels, thick cut pretzels, little checkerboard pretzels, and both the gluten free and the regular versions and they’re all great! I’m big on texture, so I love the crisp snap of the gluten free mini sticks, so that’s my go-to. But really, whatever you have on hand will work just fine.
How do you make ranch seasoned pretzels?
- Would you believe me if I said it was as easy as mixing all the ingredients together and baking them? Well it is! That’s one reason I love this recipe; it’s easy to make….and easy to devour!
How long do you bake ranch pretzels?
- Not long: 30 minutes total at 220° on a parchment lined baking sheet, with a quick mix up at the half-way point. Be sure to cool completely before digging in.
If you make this recipe and love it, I would love if you gave it 5 stars! Tag me on Instagram
@leedsstreetcollective with your delicious creation.
Thanks so much for checking out the Collective!
- 8 oz bag of pretzel sticks
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon - 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons Ranch Seasoning Mix
- 2 tablespoons fresh grated parmesan
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Melt together butter and coconut oil.
- Add hot sauce, Ranch Seasoning Mix, parmesan, Cajun seasoning, and salt to the butter coconut mixture and stir to combine.
- Add pretzels to a large bowl and pour seasoning slurry over pretzels. Stir until evenly coated.
- Spread pretzels out on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 220° for 15 minutes, stir, bake for 15 more minutes.
Substitutions and modifications:
- Feel free to use your favorite pretzels in this recipe. I like the Snyder's of Hanover Gluten Free version. These would also be great made with the mini twists.
- If you enjoy a little heat, add more hot sauce and Cajun season.
- Don't have fresh parmesan? No problem! Any hard cheese will do, but I wouldn't recommend using the stuff in the shaker can.