You don’t have to be Pinterest perfect to make people feel welcome in your home. Use these simple tips to host overnight guests, make them feel at home, and want to come back again and again!
I love to host overnight guests and it doesn’t take much to make them feel extra cozy. Here are 5 simple tips to welcome guests and make them feel at home:
- Have plenty of fresh clean towels. The fluffier the better!
- Clear a space for them to put their things…a drawer, a basket, a shelf, whatever you’ve got!
- Let your guests know you’ve been excited for their stay by setting out fresh flowers, a welcome note, or a small gift. (Books work great for this!)
- Add a fan to their bedroom. Not only does this keep the air moving, but it adds white noise for light sleepers.
- Create a cozy place for them to relax in their room. Chances are, when you host overnight guests, they’ve traveled to get to your house, so who wouldn’t want to kick their feet up for a few minutes?
How do you make an overnight guest feel special?
- Make them their favorite breakfast. Try this Banana Bread Recipe!
- Double check the alarm clock in the guest room. Don’t let daylight savings time set your guests back.
- Books are a great little gift to welcome overnight guests in your home. Need some suggestions? Check out these book reviews!
- Don’t overbook your time. Allow plenty of flex in your schedule for an impromptu stop at the local coffee shop or swing by the bookstore.
Why is having overnight guests so stressful?
It doesn’t have to be! Remember, your guests are probably grateful for a place to stay and the time they get to spend with you and your family. Don’t stress out about things they won’t even notice.
And lastly, try to relax and enjoy the time with your overnight guests. If you are at ease, chances are, they will be too.